Saturday 26 June 2010

Kevin

Ok, I didn't really want to do weddings as I can't bear the thought of something going wrong and letting a couple down on their big day! But Kevin called me and when I explained my concerns he told me not to worry as he had other people with cameras. So I took THREE cameras with me, six memeory cards and six pare batteries, plus spares for the flash guns:) I called the St Albans registry office the day before and cjecked on restrictions for photographers etc.

I arrived almost two hours ahead of the wedding in case my ultra reliable car broke down so I would have time to get a taxi :) I met the Registrar and she was lovely and helpful. I took some practice shots but pretty much nailed the lighting straight away, really easy with the D700 and SB-900 combo. I decide to shoot RAW just in case.

Everything went really well, got Kevin and B arriving, shot reportage style with some artistic shots of the Canon, Rings, Flowers etc to pop in the video. I had agreed a fixed price with Kevin for all the images on DVD as no-one else would. Can't believe one guy asked for over £5k just to cover a one hour civil ceremony! I made this video as a present to Kevin and B for such a pleasant day. I certainly will do weddings now as it was enjoyable and rewarding. They are very happy and that's what counts! Here's the low res version on the video i made for them, there is a high res version being blown onto DVD as we speak.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment