Wednesday 31 March 2010

EBF Boxing 27th March

Had a great night shooting for the EBF on Saturday. I thought it would be mainly the fans being photo'd with the boxers and promo girls in front of our illuminated white screen so took all that gear down. When we set up I quickly realised that wasn't the case as I was given a free ring pass!

I had to shoot the action throughout the fights, and then leap in the ring at the end and shoot the ref giving the result. I haven't shot fast action under those sort of lights so used the Sigma 24-70mm with the Nikon SB-900. I made a basic error of setting it to shutter priority to freeze the action, but the option to go faster than 1/250th wasn't turned on so I wasn't too impressed with the results.

The Boxers however loved the shots and you can see them under the galleries. We sold a lot on the night. Next time I'm knocking the lens wide open between f2.8 and f4, cranking up the ISO as you don't get a lot of noise even at 6400 on a D700 and will try without flash as they've promised me more lighting. Should be able to get 1.500th I reckon. Good learning experience though, and a great night!



Posted by Full Frame Events at 09:27

No comments:

Post a Comment