Wednesday 31 March 2010

Sigma 150-500mm tested for Rugby!

Took the new Sigma 150-500mm lens out for a trip on Sunday morning. Gloomy day so wasn't expecting too much, but I was very impressed with the quality of this piece of kit! It was fun to watch the parents gawping at the size of the lens, and one guy even asked where my tripod was! Don't need it with this stabilised beastie:)


It focussed quickly and accurately, hunted a little sometimes in 3D mode but in centre frame mode was spot on. I took a couple of hundred shots and have already sold lots so the club will benefit!

I'll post some here, or look in the Gallery here on www.fullframeevents.co.uk.


When I got into the clubhouse all the players and parents wanted to see the shots, and as I had done an event the night before I had the Mitsubishi Click system in the car. So I set it up with Grahams excellent Event Pro software running on a Dell touchscreen and got swamped!


The guys who run the club wanted to see the print quality so it was back to the car for the 9550 printer. As soon as they saw the quality I was besieged by parents wanting photos so ended up busily printing and mounting all by myself.

Everyone loved the photos and I'm now the club photographer for the finals in May. I'va also had a lot of sales from the website so maybe the moral of the tale is to always carry a complete portable photo studio around with you:)



No comments:

Post a Comment